Terms of Service
We (the folks at TheHelpr.com) run a online help service for context sensitive online help called TheHelpr.com and would love for you to use it. Our basic service is free but we will soon offer paid upgrades for advanced features such as small business and enterprise plans. Our service is designed to give you as much control and ownership over how you setup and compose your online help. However, be responsible in what you publish. In particular, make sure that you do not add any of the prohibited items listed below into your help system (things like inappropriate content, viruses, malware).
(Note, we based the below Terms of Service on Automattic's WP Terms of Service available under a Creative Commons Sharealike license, which means you’re more than welcome to steal it and repurpose it for your own use, just make sure to replace references to us with ones to you, and if you want we’d appreciate a link to TheHelpr.com somewhere on your site.)
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by TheHelpr.com, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
- Your TheHelpr.com Account and Service. If you create an account for the TheHelpr online help system on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and online help service, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the online help service.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate an online help service, create help bubbles, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes currently text. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Contente, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by TheHelpr.com or otherwise.
By submitting Content to TheHelpr.com for inclusion on your Website, you grant TheHelpr.com a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and actually make available your online help to your Website. If you delete Content, TheHelpr.com will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the online help service, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, TheHelpr.com has the right (though not the obligation) to, in TheHelpr.com’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in TheHelpr.com’s reasonable opinion, violates any TheHelpr.com policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in TheHelpr.com’s sole discretion. TheHelpr.com will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms.
Optional paid services such as small business or enterprise online help plans are available on the Website (any such services, an “Upgrade”). By selecting an Upgrade you agree to pay TheHelpr.com the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for an Upgrade and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. Upgrade fees are not refundable.
- Automatic Renewal.
Unless you notify TheHelpr.com before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel an Upgrade, your Upgrade subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such Upgrade (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Upgrades can be canceled at any time in the Upgrades section of your site’s dashboard.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. TheHelpr.com has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, TheHelpr.com does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. TheHelpr.com disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, made available through the websites and webpages to which TheHelpr.com links, and that link to TheHelpr.com. TheHelpr.com does not have any control over those non-TheHelpr websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-TheHelpr website or webpage, TheHelpr.com does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. TheHelpr.com disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-WordPress websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy.As TheHelpr.com asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by TheHelpr.com.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify TheHelpr.com. TheHelpr.com will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of TheHelpr.com or others, TheHelpr.com may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Website. In the case of such termination, TheHelpr.com will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to TheHelpr.com.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from TheHelpr.com to you any TheHelpr.com or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with TheHelpr.com. TheHelpr.com, WordPress, TheHelpr.com, the TheHelpr.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with TheHelpr.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of TheHelpr.com or TheHelpr.com’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any TheHelpr.com or third-party trademarks.
- Changes. TheHelpr.com reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. TheHelpr.com may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. TheHelpr.com may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your TheHelpr.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you have a VIP Services account, such account can only be terminated by TheHelpr.com if you materially breach this Agreement and fail to cure such breach within thirty (30) days from TheHelpr.com’s notice to you thereof; provided that, TheHelpr.com can terminate the Website immediately as part of a general shut down of our service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. TheHelpr.com and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither TheHelpr.com nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you obtain services or content through, or download from, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will TheHelpr.com, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to TheHelpr.com under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. TheHelpr.com shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless TheHelpr.com, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between TheHelpr.com and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of TheHelpr.com, or by the posting by TheHelpr.com of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of Switzerland, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be a court of law located in Zurich, Switzerland. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled by an arbitrator who is a member of the SDM-FSM ("Schweizer Dachverband Mediation"). The arbitration shall take place in Zurich, Switzerland, in the German language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; TheHelpr.com may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Zurich - Switzerland, March 27th 2011